Within the Mist of Dreams


My eyes grow weary and to sleep, I succumb
From me, the faded thoughts relent
The scent of Astoria still fresh in my mind
Though in the field I lay down, body spent 
Lobelia flowers cast their magic spell on my limbs
Sleep falls swiftly as I drift within the mist of dreams
The scent of Wisteria intoxicates  my senses
As the Mist moistens my chilling flesh.
Velvety blankets of Kilarney moss embrace me
As I rouse slowly from my herbal slumber.

The sunlight is filtered through the tall oak trees
Giants that rival the trees of Scarborough's Shire
At the meadows edge the tall shadowy figure lurks
Bent on knees against the moss laden ground.
Mused and startled both at the same time
My breath rises in cloudy vapors, my heart aligns
Restoring balance to my shivering scant clad frame.
  

   
   
0 Responses