Awaiting the Dawn


The moon is risen and the sun asleep
While stars dance across the heavens
Creatures on earth walk in dreams
About the universe so vast
As the sun is awaiting the dawn
It is then that imagination soars
And the mysterious veil unfolds
Opening the door to an unknown world
Except in the deep of dreams.
I stay awake in a twilight state
Avoiding the hush of the dreams
To peek inside this other world
Where spirit and mystery unite
And in my midnight revelry
I seek, I see, I journey and I write
The mysterious things that I see
While my soul like the sun
Remains in a dormant state
Aware in more realms than one
Until the horizon breaks to greet me
When daylight awakens my journey ends
Until the next midnight revelry.
4 Responses
  1. Solsrchr Says:

    What a talented person. Thank you for sharing. You are such a blessing.


  2. Thank you for the appreciation. I am blessed only if others read what I write with the gift that God gave me.


  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. aye, such beautiful words. Really deep.