Melancholy Nostalgia

My thoughts turn to you these days more often than I care to say. I remember all the good times that are mere faded memories now. I long for the laughter that we all shared back then as one big happy family. The days are long gone, the memories are fading and some of you have moved on to an eternal place that I only visit in dreams. Even knowing this, the longing does not lessen in my aching heart. I miss you Mom and Dad, Grandpap, Grandma, and all my Aunts and Uncles who were the center and heartbeat of my family in those years long ago. I reach for you and those memories when I need the strength of family bonds. The distance between now and those memories and eternity grows further with each passing year, so I reach higher and further until I find you. And there you all remain in the bosom of my heart, right where you left your love indelibly inscribed upon my heart.

The Midnight Writer
0 Responses