Gone Fishing so you Won't Find the Cat Under the Bed


Does this evoke memories about times when you felt like the cat who has been caught in the fishbowl?

Life is not always simple and things are not always as they seem. People don't always do what you expect them to do. I'm guilty of surprising people by jumping out of character a few times in my life.

I think about these kinds of things late at night as I lay in bed, just pondering. This past couple of years, I've pondered life and my life in particular, a lot. My mind travels in retrospect to the years past with all the people who I've interacted with on one level or another. I found out I have some regrets so I'm trying to figure how to live all my todays so I won't have more regrets in my tomorrows.

Take this cat fishing in the family fishbowl, for instance. He'll probably snag a fish without getting caught. If the cat is hungry, he'll definitely enjoy it and no one will see him eat the goldfish. But tomorrow or next week or next year, the cat might think about that goldfish when his master gives him a treat. Do you suppose the cat has a conscience about what he did?
0 Responses